Sunday, July 30, 2006

Arnold on "the issues"

2 months, tens of thousands of miles, and 1 lost underwear sack later, I make my triumfant return to Jersey--freshley bloated with all that my new 4-issue trial of The Economist can offer me.  And what, with such a vast wealth of high-brow global coverage and criticism, has piqued my intrest such that I should care to comment on it here? 

Arnold, of course.

Here, cruising in a fully-electric sports car that can do 0-60 in 4 and make it 250 from home on an overnight charge from a plain-jane 240--all for around 89,000.  And while clealry, using all that energy doesn't make the car as completely green behind the scenes as it looks (and sounds) up front, its equivilant gas milage is roughly 135 mpg.  Fair enough.  To raise the ante, however, Arnold (or you, or I) can get a special "garage" for the carbon-fiber coup complete with a solar-photoelectric system capable of giving the car 50 miles a day.  Thus, given my daily usage which amounts to roughly nothing--and a once-weekly road-race up the hill to Safeway and Elliot Bay PC, my new garage-covered parking spot should easily pay for its $35 a month rent in surplus electric.  Score.

So I guess, the thing is, why isn't this shit everywhere?  89K?  Faster than a Ferrari?  Arnold's diggin' it.  Why aren't you?



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?